Tuesday 15 June 2010

Pedo!

Sooo Today I woke up and literally somehow fell out of bed onto the floor in an effort to shut off my blaring alarm clock that so rudely ended my 4 hours of sleep... ug.
During the morning drive Rafita asked me how to say Pedo in English, which of course, is Fart. For the rest of the drive he sang in his little high pitched voice "FART! FART! FART! FART!" Quite a good song, by the way, I think he could make it big some day with that one.
Got to Kaja's house, ate some breakfast, then she and I both promptly fell asleep for almost FOUR hours! Both of us had been up super late from writing our Honor's college application essays and we NEEDED that sleep! When we woke up it was almost time to go to our respective children, but we ate lunch first. I am really starting to embrace the Ham culture here! Ham can be really good on so many things! I had a sandwich with scrambled eggs and ham, it did not disappoint.
As I was walking to the bus stop it started POURING rain, which was unfortunate because I was in shorts and a T-shirt... But I didn't get too wet because the bus stop was close. I was lucky I got there when I did because moments later it started raining EVEN harder... I couldn't believe it!
The bus pulled up, I got on, got off, waited for the Abuelo to pick me up, luckily it had stopped raining by then! Then we got the kids and went, as per usual, to the abuelo's house! I just played around with Rafa and Carmen, basketball with Rafa first, then a game with Carmen where she would tie my hands with her sweater and "take me to jail" and then I would escape and run away. Good times! Then some other boy cousins showed up at the house and while Rafa was playing soccer with them, he actually peed his pants! Soooo funny and also sad.
Maica drove us home and Rafa gave a little encore performance of his Fart song. :)
Once home the kids and I took some more photobooth pictures on my computer, then it was time for dinner and bed time! I also did a load of laundry, which was interesting because they don't have a dryer, but I didn't want to hang my underwear and stuff all over their laundry lines, so I basically draped my clothing over every surface and knob in my little room! Alright, now it is time for ME to go to sleep... SOOoooo tired!
xoxo Julia

3 comments:

  1. Julia sweetie, Seville sounds like such fun.
    I love your descriptions of the cathedrals, etc. I don't know how to get the pix on Kaja's blog. Can't wait to hear about Morocco. Wow! We're going to the Cape this weekend. It's so hot in DC it will be great to get away. (Actually we were in NY last weekend so we DID get away!) Love and kisses, G'ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha and I were just talking about how incredibly lucky the family is to have you.
    I'm sure she wishes she had somebody like you (not that there is anybody!) for her kids. Love again, g'ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gma! The pics are on her facebook, you can find them there?
    Have fun in the Cape! Wish I was there, I could Au Pair you too!
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete