Wednesday 16 June 2010

Where is the SUNNN?

It has been totally gloomy weather for almost the whole time I've been here!!? It better get warm soon! I stupidly didn't bring any jeans because I expected that I would NEVER wear them, but today I even wore my fleece! I actually feel like I have a cold too because my nose is all stuffed up :(
Today as usual I went to Kaja's. We ate breakfast, then decided to plan out some of our weekend trips. We couldn't find any reasonably priced tickets to Morocco so we decided that this weekend we would spend around the area... Friday and Saturday in Toledo and then maybe Madrid on Sunday! If we can find a good time and good price we might go to Morocco later in the summer though. I'm excited to see Toledo!!
She and I somehow avoided falling asleep but just relaxed a bit. I am almost done with the anklet I am making Carmen and she LOVES it!
Every day I take the 4:15 bus and now the Bus driver recognizes me, but he is kinda sketchy and really creeps me out. Yesterday he called me "Chiquita" and I was like, woa, I am not your Chiquita. So today I purposely sat right behind him, behind the plexi glass buffer and out of the view of his rear view mirror, so he couldn't see me! I felt so successful!
At the abuelo's house today I played this game with Rafita where he would jump on the trampoline and throw a basketball out, then I would make him say, "Get the ball please" then "Throw the ball please!" then instead of "Venga" I would make him say, "Come on!" He really liked it and it was a fun way to combine learning English and playing a trampoline- basketball throwing game! Carmen then wanted to play her favorite game, which is when I stand against a wall and say, "Goodbye Carmen!" as she scooters away, then I pretend to hum and look away while she scooters as fast as she can right towards me. When she gets close enough I "notice" her and scream "AHHHH" and put out my hands just soon enough to stop her from smashing me into the wall. Of course, this was on the other side of the house so I would do one turn with Carmen, then run to the trampoline and throw the ball to rafa, then back again! They thought it was really funny that I was running back and forth. :)
In the car back home Carmen said to Maica, "I forget Spanish now! Only English!" of course, she actually said that in Spanish, but I thought it was cute that she was acting like she could speak English now. They really are picking up a lot though.
Tonight I bathed Carmen and we kept talking about the water being "too cold" or "too hot" and then at dinner Carmen tasted her soup and said, "too hot!" so I was surprised that it stuck! Very cool to watch.
Then we watched some TV all 5 of us... Spain was super sad today because they lost the soccer game to Switzerland in the World Cup and they had been expecting to win them all! We watched some replays of the game and also some other news. At one point there was a clip of Obama talking about the oil leak in the gulf coast and I was joking at how I now understood Spanish TV perfectly, I'm so funny. Then it was bedtime! Hopefully my runny nose will stop because I would love to breath again...
xoxo
Julia

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about the sun and the stuffy nose! Hot tea with lemon will cure it. Or at least a lot of water.
    How's the mono?
    I love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete